DIY: Revamping an Old Poster


Do you have an old poster that you are sick of seeing & want to replace? Before giving or throwing away, try flipping it over & painting your own art!


For years I have budgeted on home decor and made my own wall art. You never realize how expensive art can be until you start buying it for your home. If you are like me, designing on a dime is a go to method. Sometimes I want to have a specific look but cannot find the exact item or price range.

Usually a regular poster has a blank white backside, the perfect canvas for your creation. I know what you are thinking, “I am not an artist, what if I don't know how to paint?”. Trust me it does not take much effort.

How many times have you guys seen a painting that is worth thousands of dollars but looks like you could of done it yourself?



I created this painting using just a few items from my local arts & craft store. I literally used a layered brush stroke technique with dabs of paint. Easy as 1,2,3. This project took no more than 20 minutes, let it dry for a few hours. You can even go above and beyond like me and frame it to give that finishing touch.

If you are interested in making your own DIY painting here is a list of items I used below.

• Old 24 x 36 Poster Board
• Black Acrylic Paint
• White Acrylic Paint
• Grey Acrylic Paint
• Glitter
• Clear Elmer’s Glue
• Paint Brushes
• Spray Paint
• 24 x 36 Frame

You can choose your own theme colors. This was all done free-form so don't be afraid to let loose and watch your artistic side flourish. Remember this was all done in fun!

Comments