Taste of Dallas: Joy Macarons


I recently had the opportunity of trying my first Macaron! 


There are so many flavors and fun colors! This is initially what attracted me to trying the dessert. I know I am super late on the whole obsession, but I was pleasantly surprised.


For those of you that live under a rock like me: A Macaron is a sweet meringue-based confection made with egg white, icing sugar, granulated sugar, almond powder or ground almond, and food coloring.


I played it safe and went with Almond. It was pretty good! The flavor was bold and savor, the texture was light and airy. My preconceived notions were very wrong. Don't let the size fool you, one was more than enough for my sweet tooth!.

If you are ever in the Dallas area check out Joy Macarons, located in the Lower-Greenville area. The staff was very nice and helpful. The overall decor is modern with a pop of color. A+

Comments